Friday, November 6, 2009

My life on the wardrobe crew.

For the next three weeks,
 I will be emerged in Pride and Prejudice. 


On tuesday, I learned how to sew,
and how to sew on buttons.

Pretty good, no?


Last night I learned about:
1. Early 18th century clothing.
2. How to put all of this clothing on. 
3. How to properly conduct a quick change.
4. How to lace a corset. 
5. Cravats. 
6. Laundry. 
7. Ironing.
8. Steaming.
9. and how not to set off the alarm on the building 
when I leave in the wee hours of the morning.


I am always so amazed at the quality of our Theatre department here at UT. 
I'll sneak some pictures of the set and costumes to show you. 



I also think these are so cute. 
However, the ones in our costume shop are far cuter.
I'll have pictures of those for you next time. 


2 comments:

  1. Would you like one of those sewing mannequins? There's one in Mike's attic...

    ReplyDelete